Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Hard Goodbye

Friday was my last day of student teaching.  It was very emotional and so hard to say goodbye to my awesome class.  The past 11 weeks have been so amazing.  Amazingly busy, amazingly stressful, amazingly fun, amazingly rewarding, and amazingly eyeopening.  I have finally, officially figured out what I want to be when I grow up...A TEACHER!  I wasn't sure if I would enjoy my student teaching or how I'd feel about this career path I chose.  But can honestly say, I LOVE IT!  It feels so natural and it is so rewarding. 

Each of my students presented me with a homemade card on my last day.  They each had a turn to come up and read their card to me and give me one last hug.  I cried.  A lot. 

My favorite card of course came from my man Trent.  It was so fun (and a little challenging at times) to teach Trent.  We made some great memories and I'm so grateful things turned out the way they did.   I'm gonna miss spending my days with Trent at school.  Homeschooling isn't sounding so bad :)

I asked Trent to explain his drawing.  He said everything in the left box is all the stuff I taught him.  The right box is everything I didn't teach him, which is zero.  Glad to know I taught him everything he needs to know :)





Here are a few other cards that melted my heart. 




Apparently I am so cool, I'm the beast!  LOL!



I also make dreams come true.



This girls really learned her adjectives, verds, and noons.


Can you see why I love teaching so much?  Best first graders EVER!


My mentor teacher was the nicest man.  On my last day he brought Lucky Charms and made me eat two bowls.  He told the class it was so I would get very "lucky" and find a job. 


Next post....GRADUATION!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute!
I'm proud of you! What an accomplishment.
So excited to see you in a few days and celebrate!!

Pam said...

What a wonderful experience!

I too hope you get a job in a school that is close to home!

Congratulations Nicki! You ARE the beast!

Angie said...

cyd LOVED you! I know it was hard to say goodbye...but now you can gear up for SUMMER!:)

Sara said...

I bet you ARE a natural. Super cute cards. Kids are so fun when they're not driving you crazy!

Kelly said...

Change is SO HARD! I Hate Goodbyes too! Those kids will never be the same after having you as a Teacher! Love the cute Notes! I like that Teacher that feed you Cereal.. Smart man. He must have known you would need a lil extra food to help give you enough energy to get home after all your hard work.
GO RELAX!

Heather said...

Oh that is so cute. I love the picture of you eating the lucky charms with your cute little man beside you. I love that you got to student teach in his class. Those notes from your kids are such a treasure. Thanks for sharing them. I am so thrilled that you found something that you love so much!

Melissa said...

I think you were born to teach! Congratulations on passing another big milestone!

Terry and Kim said...

You ARE the best! I hope you get to teach next year!

Mr. & Mrs. Gillespie said...

OH my gosh - literally tears of joy and laughter came while reading this. So sweet, Nicki. I'm glad you had a good experience. congrats!