There has been a ton of excitement in our home the past few weeks as we counted down the days until Uncle Jon came home from his mission. Well the day finally arrived and it was MARVELOUS!
We had to wait at the airport for quite a while, we stayed busy making signs....

Goofing around with Uncle David...

and the favorite of them all.....This Escalator!
Then the moment we'd been waiting for arrived!! Lots of cheering, hugging, laughing, and crying ensued.
It was WONDERFUL!!

Here is Jon and some missionaries he served with in Minnesota.
Jon saying HELLO to all the nieces and nephews.
Proud Mama!
I found some pictures from Jon's farewell and thought it would be fun to see how much has changed. When he left my parents had 4 grand kids and two years later they have 8!

8 comments:
Oh my goodness! Jon was so little when we graduated! He is all grown now and ready to start the rest of his life. Congrats on getting him home. I bet he LOVES having so many nieces and nephews.
Oh- I got all teary eyed reading that. Brings back great memories! When we were waiting for Kaleb to get home, our kids went up and down those escalators for.ev.er. :) My mom said that Jon's homecoming talk was the best she has ever heard. Thats awesome! I love missionaries. I am sad that we missed partying with all of you. My heart was there!
OH! That so reminds me of when my brother came home last year! It is so exciting! And Fun to watch them transition from their missions. My brother would wake up at 6 am for like three whole months after his mission just because he was in the routine! RMs are the greatest!
It was such a good weekend and I especially enjoyed Jon's talk as well. LOVE the before and after picture of the grandkids too! Thanks again for Sadie's tutu...we'll need to get a picture of her and Claire wearing them together.
I got a little teary there too! So awesome! He is handsome, and looks so mature:) Happy for your family.
He is such a handsome guy! Funny but I don't remember your younger siblings at all, just the older ones. Maybe I should have payed more attention.:) Missions are great! It is so nice when they come home all grown up.
Nicki, I found you off of Lori's blog. I can't believe how big your family is getting and that Jon just got home from a mission! Crazy. Anyways, you look beautiful and have a beautiful family. Is it right that you're living in Kanab right now?
How Fun! He looks like a Man!
I'm sure he was sooo shocked to see all the kids and how much they had all grown up... and the new lil ones.
So glad you were all able to Celebrate together! You have a Wonderful Family!
xoxoxo
Post a Comment